Job Ref: #2243
Date Posted: 27th Jul 2016
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Our client is a Leading Oil and Gas Company.
- Responsible for the management and effective delivery of the Project Controls Cost Control function within the BP Caspian contract.
- Responsible for the provision of all aspects of project cost management, control and forecasting to the BP Caspian project team and client.
- Responsible for the management and professional development of Azeri nationals in project controls cost control positions on the contract.
- Responsible for communications and reporting within internal team and with the client in accordance with contract cost control and cost forecasting meetings schedule(s) and reporting requirements.
- The position will require a hands-on approach to the delivery of all aspects of project cost control and cost forecasting for all projects within the contract scope.
- This position will report directly to the Project Controls Manager.
- Significant knowledge and experience of project cost management, cost control and cost forecasting principles and techniques within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Must have detailed knowledge of and familiarity with manual and computerised project cost control techniques.
- Details knowledge of project work breakdown structures (WBS) techniques to enable effective project budget development and management, control and forecasting of project costs through the project lifecycle..
- Leadership, people management and motivational skills.
- Strategic thinker who can contribute to the management and improvement of the overall operation and the development of local nationals in project cost control roles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Team player.
- Planning and organisational skills. Proactive attitude and ability to contribute to the continuous improvement of the cost control process for Contract.
- Develop and manage effective relationships with project team and relevant members of client organisation.
- Manage the project cost control workload of the contract.
- Guide, support and direct the cost control team.
- Work with WGPSN engineering and construction teams and the client to establish project baseline cost budgets.
- Capture project cost status on ongoing periodic basis.
- Analyse project cost status and cost performance and articulate this to project team and client.
- Prepare / review / approve all project cost status reports as required.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum 8 – 10 years’ experience in in project controls planning and scheduling positions with at least 4 years in a managerial or supervisory position within the cost control function.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction projects in the oil and gas industry, preferably in both onshore and offshore environments.
- Relevant degree or degree level qualification in an engineering or business management discipline preferred.
- At this time, we will only consider applications from Azerbaijani citizens.
If you match the above requirements and would like to find out further about this role, then please send a copy of your updated CV to: email@example.com or please apply below.