If you are interested in a career within the offshore Oil & Gas Industry and have no formal qualifications, then please read the following requirements needed for a position as a Roustabout (an unskilled or casual labourer on an oil rig).
You do not need formal qualifications to work as a Roustabout however previous experience in areas such as shipbuilding, construction will be helpful:
- Need to be over 18.
- Offshore Medical Certificate.
- Minimum Industry Safety Training (MIST).
- the Basic Offshore Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET).
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training certificate (HUET).
UK Additional Requirements:
- Offshore Survival (OPITO approved).
- Offshore Medical (UKOG/UKOOA).
Preference is given to candidates that hold the following valid certificates:
- Greenhand Training.
- Banksman/Slinger Certificate.
Ideally you should also hold:
- Helicopter Refuelling.
- Heli-Deck Fire Team Member
- Confined Space Training.
- Hose Management.
To find out more information regarding the necessary courses, please visit: Survivex Ltd.
*Onix Recruitment AG provides this information for guideline purposes only, and we do not guarantee that you will obtain a position within the industry after the completion of these courses.
If you do choose to pursue these courses, then after successful completion please upload your CV with us and whenever a suitable vacancy arises we will inform you accordingly.*